This position is responsible for the lifecycle and success of Fantag’s products, which today include Fantag Manager and the Fantag mobile app. The Product Manager will be responsible for the next generation roadmap for the product, analyzing the existing customer base, assessing the changing industry trends and driving the product planning process. In addition to being responsible for the next generation product plans, you will also be responsible for authoring technical product requirements, tracking feature development, and coordinating with engineering, QA, customer service and marketing to ensure successful product delivery. Further responsibilities will include authoring and management of common use-cases, system designs, and technical training and support material. This position requires a strong technical background, experience with customer-facing representation of the products, and the ability to manage a constantly changing set of requirements. Requires up to 10% domestic travel.
Specific areas of responsibility include: Ownership of feature-level roadmap, in coordination with management and engineering. Detailed product definition specifications, engineering requirements. Provide input into product design and users to test such plans. Work with engineering to develop effective test plans. Works closely with customer service to reconcile customer support requirements with new feature development. Input on the creation of product collateral and promotional strategies for selling these products via a web sales channel. Provides field technical and support training; ownership of training materials. Ownership of documentation structure and contents. Field services support and consulting with customer support for system design and deployment. Occasional need for custom pre-sales and system design visits.
- Strong technical understanding of product development and engineering. Programming experience is a plus.
- Agile product management experience is required.
- Working knowledge of online video and storage.
- Product lifecycle management; experience delivering products on time.
- Authoring of requirements documents and technical data sheets.
- Comfort with making difficult trade-off decisions.
- Ability to develop and deliver technical presentations and training material.
- Relevant experience with software management, product management, or video engineering.
- Minimum B. Sc in Computer Science (or equivalent), EE, or other engineering discipline.
- Experience in a customer-facing role a plus.
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org