Director of Sales, High Schools
Fantag’s director of sales for high schools will drive the growth and expansion of the company into the high school market nationwide. This position will own the revenue and growth targets by developing a plan, creating a budget, growing a team of salespeople and building a world-class sales organization.
Fantag has entered into strategic partnerships in seven states where state associations, broadcast stations, and marquis sports events will promote Fantag to over 6,000 high schools. These marketing efforts will provide focus for initial sales outreach, inbound sales activity and market feedback for future sales and marketing initiatives.
Primary ongoing responsibilities will include: define/implement the sales strategy to drive revenue growth; recruit, develop and retain inside and outside sales and support reps; and work closely with both marketing and product to identify new opportunities.
This position will carry a sales quota with variable compensation and incentives.
Other responsibilities are:
- Be one of the key leaders in the business.
- Drive all new sales activities with a focus on high schools.
- Develop an account management model that ensures revenue growth and
- customer retention metrics are met.
- Hire company sales reps and identify areas where the team can continue to grow over the coming years.
- Build, manage, motivate, train and develop the sales team and evolve a go-to-market strategy.
- Build and manage the sales pipeline to accurately forecast and deliver revenue commitments.
- Teach the team to negotiate and close profitable business.
- Bring in and apply suitable processes to measure, manage, forecast, and drive all areas of the sales cycle.
- Set the targets, quotas and variable compensation to drive achievement within the sales team.
- Develop plans and implement sales strategy to effectively sell and win versus competitive set.
- Consistently manage and maintain a pipeline that is 4x revenue target on a quarterly basis.
Skills and Experience:
- Sales-oriented leader with proven ability to build and manage a sales team
- Demonstrable success in scaling sales functions
- Managed enterprise sales, customer success, inside sales, and lead generation
- Managed teams of 20+ with a proven history of managing teams through other managers
- Proven track record of successful sales exceeding quotas
- Proven track of record of senior-level relationships that can help facilitate strategic partnerships
- Sales experience to high schools, or a network for high school sports, is a plus
- Bachelor degree or comparable professional education
- Driven to achieve the highest standards
- Effective communicator and good interpersonal skills
- Intellectual dexterity and delivery-oriented – “hands-on” – strong problemsolving skills combined with follow through
- Data driven, data curious, analytical, spots trends in the data
- Ability to operate and influence cross-functionally with other departments
- Strong leadership – professionalism – integrity
- Entrepreneurial with strong commercial awareness
- Pro-active rather than reactive – has a sense of urgency – operates at pace consistent with startup culture
- Able to operate autonomously and take ownership of the business and sales function
- Resilience and an ability to work effectively under pressure
- A team player who focuses on the best outcome, and doesn’t bring ego to the table
- Ability to delegate appropriately
- Possesses a strong belief in and passion for Fantag’s market value and potential
- SaaS experience is a plus
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org